Speaking at the reception of delegates of Niger Delta Dialogue led by the Amanyanabo of Twon Brass, Bayelsa state, Alfred Diette-Spiff, at the state house, Abuja, the President vowed that Nigeria would utilise her resources appropriately.
He noted that his administration was studying the gazette on Niger Delta amnesty programme used by the former administration of Umaru Yar’Adua.
“We intend to rebuild this country, so that our children and grandchildren will have a good place they can call their own.
A lot of damage has been done, so I want you to tell the people to be patient,” he said.
“When you get together with other leaders, please pacify the people. We will utilise the resources of Nigeria with integrity and rebuild the country.”
Speaking on the Niger Delta amnesty, the President said,
“I want to get as much intelligence as possible on the situation in the Niger Delta.
I have encouraged law enforcement agencies to contact leaders like you in order to have enough information to deal with the issues once and for all.”
Buhari sympathised with investors who had borrowed money to invest in the Niger Delta region and have been unable to make profits from their investment due to militancy.
1) We want visible changes and not paper based change….let ur work speak for you. Stop #blabbing Mr Buhari
by mez on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:30 am Reply
2) I believe pmb will succeed let’s plan for future
by government on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:38 am Reply
3) Start building it from now let know what you’re doing.
by shamokay on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:39 am Reply
4) in four years? u be jesus??
by lover boy on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:42 am Reply
5) hmm d 2moro u wil Neva c ryt??
by kessypapa on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:47 am Reply
6) Nigeria go beta on 95.1 wazobia fm.
by boko must perish on Jul 1, 2016 at 6:56 am Reply
7) May God bless you and bless Nigeria.
by Anonymous on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:10 am Reply
8) Dats y we vote u in, and we’ll keep praying for you
by Derek walter on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:11 am Reply
9) Baba U Too, May God Almighty Grant U The Strength
by J. A on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:17 am Reply
10) Suffering too much
by phelyx on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:20 am Reply
11) nawaooo we no b pple children aabi?
by Anonymous on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:31 am Reply
12) Abe shoro niyen? wen he say he wnt to build Nigeria for our grandchildren so what about we the present children those that means there is nothing for us
by dkf paul on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:32 am Reply
13) Ogbeni action speak louder than voice jare .. Ilu orogbomo
by Ogbeni on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:40 am Reply
14) sei BABA may Allah help u
by gottore on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:43 am Reply
who this man epp sef?
by Niccur on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:44 am Reply
16) May almighty God guide u and give u d strenght to do it.
by Adukwu Ameh on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:48 am Reply
17) maybe u will rebuild Nigeria after ur tenure is over or after u have died, ur time in office is approaching its half n u are still saying this kind nonsense like u were campaigning for vote during elections
by ode on Jul 1, 2016 at 7:56 am Reply
18) SAI BABA,I KNW U CAN DO IT,IT JUST A MATTER OF TIME.
by k.k on Jul 1, 2016 at 8:17 am Reply
19) we are still under waiting
by Anonymous on Jul 1, 2016 at 8:47 am Reply
20) we are still under waiting
by m.c de comrade on Jul 1, 2016 at 8:50 am Reply
21) many married men and unmarried men hv lost dia job because of dis ur administration. ur dia telling us dat u want to rebuild Nigeria. Mr man do something before men go into robbery. Fulani President
by Okonko on Jul 1, 2016 at 10:10 am Reply
22) Must we all die,before positive change will manifest.we need quick positive action,If you must know people in the grassroots are facing hell,hunger and starvation.common man no longer afford three square meals talk more of hospital bills.Mr president it’s high time u make a U turn and elevate this country high
by Godwin Stephen on Jul 1, 2016 at 10:44 am Reply