Real Madrid claim reports the club could receive a two-window transfer ban for irregularities in the signing of youngsters are “absolutely false”.
Cadena Ser claimed on Tuesday night that both Madrid and Atletico were likely to be sanctioned by Fifa for repeated violations of the rules and regulations regarding the transfers of international youth players in a punishment similar to the one handed to Barcelona last year, which means the Catalans are unable to sign any players in 2015.
But Madrid moved to deny those reports on their official website on Wednesday afternoon.
“The information is absolutely false,” a statement read. “That is proven by the fact that the Spanish Football Federation has denied to several different media the information that Real Madrid are involved in any irregularities in the recruitment of minors.
“Real Madrid reiterates that it has always scrupulously respected Fifa rules, as explained in detail in its statement dated January 26, 2015.
“Real Madrid regrets the reiteration of this information, some of which is malicious and whose sole purpose is to implicate the club in alleged infringements that have not been committed.”
The Spanish club also claimed that the Fifa investigation concerns the regristration of players and not their recruitment, while committing their support to the development of young footballers.
“It is surprising that certain media insist on relating the latest contracts signed with a hypothetical ban, as the recruitment of players has nothing to do with their subsequent registration, which is what Fifa would ban.” the statement added.
“Real Madrid reiterates its full commitment to the defence, protection and proper and healthy development of minors and reaffirms its full support and strict compliance with Fifa and its regulations,” it concluded.
Earlier on Wednesday, Madrid said they were “relaxed” and “confident” no action would be taken against the club.
“We are sure we won’t have any problems,” a Real source told Goal . “We are relaxed.”
And Atletico took a similar stance, a spokesman telling Goal: “At the moment these are just journalistic reports. Our posture is that we handed in the documentation that Fifa asked for and we are relaxed because we have collaborated with Fifa in their investigation.
“All of the licenses were processed and approved by the Madrid Football Federation and the Spanish Football Federation. And unless there is anything official, we won’t make any comment other than that.”