Just 12 days after the first batch of ministerial nominees was sent to the Senate for confirmation, the second batch has found its way to the media.
The list was submitted to the Senate President Bukola Saraki yesterday, October 12, by the Chief of Staff to the President, Alhaji Abba Kyari accompanied by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enang.
But with the identities of the nominees still masked in secrecy, dependable sources have disclosed to Vanguard, the prominent names who made it to the second ministerial list.
1. Chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Barr Mohammed Bello (Adamawa)
2. Former Governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Osun)
3. Former Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC), Chief Festus Odimegwu (Imo)
4. Former National President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN (Ondo)
5. Former spokesman of the Conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP), Osita Okechukwu (Enugu)
6. Former ANPP governorship candidate in Abia, Ikechi Emenike (Abia).
7. Hadiza Abdullahi
8. Adamu Adamu (Bauchi)
9. Hajia Bukar Ibrahim, the former first lady of Yobe State (Yobe)
10. Senator Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa)
11. James Ocholi, SAN (Kogi)
12. Anthony Anwuka, a professor of education administration, who was secretary to the government of Imo state
13. Isaac Adewole, a professor of obstetrics and gynaecology
14. Dan Ali, a brigadier-general who was retired in 2013
15. Okechukwu Enelamah, the CEO of African Capital Alliance
16. Claudius Omoyele Daramola, a professor of sociology of education, from Ondo state
17. Aisha Abubakar.
The submission of the second batch of ministerial nominees for confirmation, comes just before the Senate begins screening exercise and possible confirmation of the nominees today, October 13.
The screening exercise is billed to take three days.
Source : Naij.com