In order to get things started, you’re going to have to gather up a few essential tools to help the process along:
- MicroUSB Cable
- Internet Connection
- BlackBerry 10 Smartphone
- Computer – Windows
- BlackBerry Link – Windows
Once you have all that stuff gathered up, it’s time to move onto the next step.
THE EASIEST WAY RIGHT NOW
If for whatever reason you’re running into issues with your BlackBerry 10 smartphone and need to reload the OS, you’ll need a Windows computer with an internet connection to get it all straightened away for now. You check out the full guide down below:
- Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).
- Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on.
- A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine).
- Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do this.
Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates. The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green.
Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.
As noted, this guide only outlines the details with the assumption you have or have access to a Windows computer. We’ll continue to update this information with new methods for both Windows and Mac users as it becomes available
Aeroberry is one of the main authors and administrators of this website. He is a young and intelligent man.