More than 300 Nigerian Citizens Dispalced by Boko Haram

Zainab Ahmad, Nigerian State Minister for Budget and National Planning assured Monday that no less than than 300 people have been displaced by terrorist group Boko Haram.

During a meeting in Miduguri, capital of the Nigerian state of Borno (northeast of Nigeria), Ahmad stated that the affected people are being sheltered in Cameroon, Chad and Niger, said the Nigerian news agency here Monday.

Ahmad explained that 30 percent of the people was sheltered in camps while the remaining 70 percent was in communities.

Regarding this, the minister said that the government, in partnership with the UN and humanitarian actors, had initiated several programs to ease the effects of the crisis in the region.

According to Ahmad, the Nigerian executive distributed 30,000 tons of grains under the Emergency Food Intervention Program, and with support from the World Food Program, provides food assistance to more than one million people each month.

The minister added that health services were also extended to 42 areas of local government in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund and the World Health Organization.

Ahmad stressed the need for effective programs to provide livelihoods in order to allow displaced people to return to their homes and resume their lives as normal.

‘The government has provided health services to six million people in the last two years. We also control diseases such as cholera, measles and hepatitis, as well as malnutrition and provide water to affected people,’ he said.

For his part, Interior Minister Abdulrahman Dambazau commented that a tripartite agreement had been signed with Cameroon and the United Nations Refugee Agency to facilitate the safe and voluntary return of refugees living in that neighboring nation.

Call : 08147650265 or +2348147650265

email us on : aeroberrycompany@gmail.com

Join others in the discussion, tell us what you think, drop your comments, we are waiting and listening.

Please drop your comments here.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content is protected !!