A new relationship can be as scary as it is dizzyingly exciting – you can self sabotage because you’re so into that person, that you occasionally act in crazy ways.
It’s hard to decode the other person’s emotions while trying to figure out your own. Slow your roll and take these tips in order to maximize your blooming relationship and cultivate a healthy foundation between you and your partner without scaring them off.
1. Lying, or any form of breaking trust. It’s a sign of being manipulative, and earning that trust back can be difficult, if not sometimes impossible. Honesty is the best policy, as always.
2. Not communicating well. The inability to communicate, or laziness surrounding it is sure to end a relationship early.
3. Clinginess and desperation. It indicated low confidence and a need for validation that the person can’t provide for themselves. Being too desperate to lock someone down too early or have control in the relationship.
4. Being demanding. You have to give people the freedom to live their lives, and not have a grocery list of demands waiting for them at the door when they come home.
5. Presenting ultimatums all the time. Ultimatums are the worst thing for a relationship, as compromise and negotiation are necessary for balance.
6. Seeking reassurance from their partner constantly. Seeking reassurance excessively in a relationship means that person’s need to be shown they are loved will never be satiated, not matter how much attention their partner gives them. Hence, it can push someone away.
Joy Peace is an author of Aeroberry website. She is young, beautiful, bright and intelligent.