Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi, has overtaken Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo as the highest earner in world football, according to France Football magazine.
Messi has raked in €126million euros ($154mn) in salary, bonuses and commercial revenue, while his rival is making €94m.
Last season, Ronaldo led with €87.5m euros with Messi on €76.5m euros.
The two players who have split the last 10 Ballons d’Or are followed by Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazilian star Neymar on €81.5m euros.
There is a big gap to Ronaldo’s Real team-mate Gareth Bale on €44m euros and Barca defender Gerard Pique on €29m euros.
Top 5 player earners (gross wages, bonuses and commercial revenue in the 2017-2018 season):
1. Lionel Messi (ARG/Barcelona): €126m
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Real Madrid: €94m
3. Neymar (BRA/Paris Saint-Germain): €81.5m
4. Gareth Bale (WAL/Real Madrid): €44m
5. Gerard Pique (ESP/Barcelona): €29m