29 AMAZING LOVE TIPS
1) If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
2) If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay….
4) Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache. Trust and value your own feminine wisdom.
5) Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that’s not meant to be. And don’t try to change him either, it just doesn’t work. The only person you can change is yourself. As painful as it may be, sometimes it’s better to step out of a bad relationship and step into your own happiness.
6) Slower is better. Some of the greatest love stories of all time took years to develop. Sure, love at first sight may be romantasized in the movies, but, like Rome, enduring love is not built in a day…
7) Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy. (That means you need to find your own happiness first… And remember: Happiness is a journey, not a destination.)
8) If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve, then heck no, you can’t ‘be friends.’ A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.
9) Don’t settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
10) Don’t stay because you think ‘it will get better.’ You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
11) The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
12) Avoid men who’ve got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn’t take responsibility when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?
13) Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
14) Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you; if something bothers you, speak up.
15) Be aware that healthy relationships are built on trust, and that trust takes time to develop. It may be unwise to share too much of yourself and about yourself too quickly.
16) You cannot change anyone else’s behavior. Change comes from within.
17) Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are, even if he has more education or a better job. And don’t ever make him feel less important than you are either.
18) Do not make him into a quasi-god; he’s a man, nothing more, nothing less.
19) Never let a man define who you are.
20) Never borrow someone else’s man, if he cheated with you, he’ll cheat on you.
21) A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
22) All men are NOT dogs. (But men beware: bad behaviour may land you in the doghouse LOL!)
23) You should not be the one doing all the bending, compromise is a two-way street.
24) You need time to heal between relationships. There’s nothing useful about baggage… deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
25) You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you. A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals. Look for someone complementary, not supplementary.
26) Dating is fun…even if he doesn’t turn out to be Mr. Right.
27) Allow him to miss you sometimes. If a man always know where you are all the time, and you’re always readily available to him – he may take you for granted. Remember you have your own life to live; it may not always include him.
28) Don’t fully commit to a man who doesn’t listen to you and try to meet your needs; keep him in your radar but get to know others.
29) Above all: love yourself first!